Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall thoughts

A very nice weekend saw me going for my autumn trip to Yellowstone. A 300 mile + day trip. Beautiful day with my Dad. After all he is the reason I get a $15 discount on Yellowstone's entry fee. He loves to go down there, maybe not as much as I, but he had a great time anyway. In the Lamar valley we just missed wolves chasing elk, but that's my wolf luck always down there. I just miss them every single time. Just the usual elk and tons of bison sightings. A raven at the McDonalds parking lot in West Yellowstone put on a show begging for food while sitting on my side view mirror and almost coming in the car. That was all the wild life for the day. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. The last time I made a fall trip I witnessed elk fighting, too close for comfort buffalo bulls and swans. I never regret a trip to the Park though. It clears the mind and makes me feel whole. It's a feeling all should experience.

No comments: